Making Peg Dolls
"This is a great book to enjoy with the kids, as a parent or teacher, but even if you don't have children, let yourself reconnect with your inner child and fall in love with this magical world of tiny wooden characters. I don't have any children, but I confess, I'm completely enchanted by these sweet little dolls, and at some point I'm going to cave in to the need to create my own little Gnome, or Bear, or Bunny, or Dragon, or Owl, or maybe even a Cat!" —Dawn Bevins (read her full review at UKHandmade.com)
Peg dolls are small, enchanting, and easy to make. They are a perfect craft for children and can become the inspiration for endless play and storytelling. Margaret Bloom invites you to enter the tiny magical world of peg dolls.
Coming from the Waldorf handcraft tradition, these irresistible dolls encourage creative play and promote the emotional and imaginative development of young children. Peg dolls can be made from natural materials to reflect the seasonal cycle, favorite fairy tales and festivals from around the world.
Inside Making Peg Dolls
, you will find patterns for creating bluebirds & butterflies, flowers & fairy-tale figures, gnomes, winter angels and more:
Making Peg Dolls
- Easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions for children and crafters of all levels and experience
- Beautiful color illustrations and photos
- More than sixty designs and patterns for peg dolls
- Ideas for peg dolls as gifts and toys, for seasonal nature tables, or for fairs
- An inspiring section on storytelling with peg dolls
is a valuable resource for families and classrooms with young children.